Vice President of Traditional Chinese Academy of Sciences (CACMS)
President of the Chinese Acupuncture Society
President of the World Federation of Acupuncture Society
Traditional Medicine Consultant World Health Organization
“Dear Dr. Xiao,
Thank you very much for your kind invitation and it is my great pleasure to serve on the Board of Directors and to contribute to your great cause in prompting Chinese medicine at EMed Research Center.
The mission and vision outlined in your non-profit research center plans are excellent, and I totally agree that they are the key steps to promote acupuncture and other traditional Oriental medicines worldwide. Working together with you, I am looking forward to the great success!
Research and Clinical Interest
Acupuncture-Moxibustion effect, Chinese medicine clinical evaluation, evidence-based medicine, clinical epidemiology，medical informatics
1. Liu Baoyan. Leaps and bounds development of TCM and digital TCM.Chinese Journal of Information on Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2002,9(8):1-2.
2. Liu Baoyan, Jin Zhigao, Zhang Lu, Chen Shuli. Acupuncture for Leucopenia Induced by Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy —A Meta-analysis. World Journal of Acupuncture-Moxibustion. 2003;13(4):35-40.
3. Liu Baoyan, Hu Jingqing, Xie Yanming, Weng Weiliang, Wang Rongbing, Zhang Yanping, Li Xiuhui, Zhang Ke, Ren Aiming, Li Jun, Wang Baoguo, Tang Xudong, Wang Weidong, Ni Qing, Zhang Jinping, Wu Hongjin, Zhou Wei, Geng Zhi, He Yangbo, Liang Zhiwei, He Liyun, Gao Fanzhu, Peng Jin. Effects of Integrative Chinese and Western Medicine on Arterial Oxygen Saturation in Patients with Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2004;10(2): 117-122.
4. Wu Zhaohui, Zhou Xuezhong, Liu Baoyan, Chen Junli. Text Mining for Finding Functional Community of Related Genes Using TCM Knowledge. 8th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases.2004(3202):459-470.
5. Liu Baoyan,Zhang Hong,Ni Wandong. Discussion on the characteristics of TCM Electronic Medical Record System. Medical Informatics.2004,17(1):9-11.
6. Liu Baoyan, Li Ping, Fang Jiliang ,Zhang Zhongzhong, Wang Bin, Huang Wangyang, Yan Hongzhen, Yang Ning, Ma Daqing, Wen Weiliang, Tang Xudong, Wang Yinghui. Probe into the Quantitative Evaluation of Chest Radiogrophs of SARS Patients with Multi-center Treatment of Integrated Medicine. Chinese Journal of Information on Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2004,11(4) :283-285.
7. Liu Baoyan,Zhang Zhibin. Discuss of ancient TCM pattern differentiation methods. Chinese Journal of Basic Medicine in Traditional Chinese Medicine.2004, 10(5):5-11.
8. Liu Baoyan, Wen Weiliang ,Li Kun, Ni Qing. Study on Differentiation of Syndromes of SARS the Method of Traditional Syndrome Differentiation. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2004,21(4):268-271.
9. Liu Baoyan. Thinking about clinical diagnosis andevaluation of therapeutic effect of acupuncture. Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2004,24(4) :223-225.
10. Liu Baoyan, Li Ping. Based on cutting-edge science and technology to build a modernized TCM clinical research technology platform. Asia-Pacific Traditional Medicine.2005,28(4):55-57.
11. Liu Baoyan, He Liyun, Xie Ynaming. Study on concept of sub-health state. Chinese Journal of Basic Medicine in Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2006,12(11):801-802.
12. Liu Baoyan,Wen Weiliang. Clinical study on treatment of severe acute respiratory syndrome with integrated traditional Chinese and western medicine. Journal of Medical Research. 2006,35(5):2-4.
13. Liu Baoyan,Xie Yanming,Jin Zhiwei,Gao Sihua,Wang Sicheng,Yang Longhui.Survey on factors influencing the use of suitable techniquesof Chinese medicine in the countryside in 10 provinces. Chinese Journal of Epidemiology. 2006,22(10) :1164-1165.
14. Liu Baoyan. Thoughts of a number of issues related to the TCM diagnosis and the clinical evaluation of treatment[J]. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2007,48(1) :12-14.
15. Liu Baoyan,Zhou Xuezhong. Design and Practice of Wet – Dry Approach in Clinical Research of TCM. World Science and Technolgy-Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Materia Medica. 2007,9 (1):85-89.
16. Liu Baoyan,Wang Yongyan. Study of definition and relationship of TCM syndromes, patterns, and symptoms. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2007,48(4) :293-296,29.
17. Liu Baoyan,Zhou Xuezhong,Li Ping,Wang Yinghui,Wen Tiancai,Guo Yufeng,Zhang Runshun,Chen Shibo. A Unified Clinical and Research Information Platform toward Individualized Medicine. China Digital Medicine. 2007, (6) :31-36.
18. Liu Baoyan, He L iyun, Xie Yanming, et al.Epidemiologic study on TCM syndrome characteristics of sub-healthy people group in Beijing area.Journal of Beijing University of Traditional ChineseMedicine. 2007,30(2):130-135.
19. Zhou Xuezhong, Liu Baoyan, Wang Yinghui, Zhang Runsun, Li Ping, Chen Shibo, Guo Yufeng, Gao Zhuye, Zhang Hua. Building Clinical Data Warehouse for Traditional Chinese Medicine Knowledge Discovery. BioMedical Engineering and Informatics.2008:615-620.
20. Tang Jinling, Liu Baoyan, Ma Kanwen. Traditional Chinese Medicine. The Lancet. 2008,372(9654): 1938-1940.
21. Zhou Xuezhong, Zhang Runshun, Wang Yinghui, Liu Baoyan. Network analysis for core herbal combination knowledge discovery from clinical Chinese medical formulae. Database Technology and Application.2009:181-191.
22. Zhou Xuezhong, Liu Baoyan. Network analysis system for traditional Chinese medicine clinical data.International conference on biomedical engineering and informatics.2009,16-18.
23. Kim Jong-In, Lee Myeong Soo, Jung So-Young, Choi Jun-Yong, Lee Sanghoon, Ko Jeong-Min, Zhao Hong, Zhao Jiping, Kim Ae-Ran, Shin Mi-Suk, Kang Kyung-Won, Jung Hee-Jung, Kim Tae-Hun, Liu Baoyan, Choi Sun-Mi. Acupuncture for persistent allergic rhinitis: a multi-centre, randomised, controlled trial protocol.Trials.2009;10:54.
24. Liu Baoyan, Chen Shi-Bo, Zhou Xue-Zhong. Investigation of Classifying Type 2 Diabetes Patients Based on Symptoms. Beijing journal of TCM.2009, 28(4):267-269.
25. Liu Baoyan,Li Hongjiao, He Liyun, Zhu Wenzeng, Hu Jingqing.Research progress of evaluation on syndroms effect.Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2009.(5): 397-399,421.
26. Liu Baoyan.Evaluation of the clinical efficacy of TCM Status and Prospects.Bulletin of National Natural Science Foundation of China. 2010. (5):268-274.
27. Zhou Xuezhong, Peng Yonghong, Liu Baoyan. Text mining for traditional Chinese medical knowledge discovery: A survey. Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2010, 43(4):650-660.
28. Zhou Xuezhong, Chen Shibo, Liu Baoyan, Zhang Runsun, Wang Yinghui, Li Ping, Guo Yufeng, Zhang Hua, Gao Zhuye,Yan Xiufeng.Development of traditional Chinese clinical data warehouse for medical knowledge discovery and decision support. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine.2010(48): 139-152.
29. Poon Simon K,Poon Josiah, McGrane Martin, Zhou Xuezhong, Kwan Paul, Zhang Runshun, Liu Baoyan, Gao Junbin, Loy Clement, Chan Kelvin, Sze Daniel Man-yuen. A novel approach in discovering significant interactions from TCM patient prescription data.International Journal of Data Mining and Bioinformatics.2011,5(4):353-368.
30. Liu Baoyan, Zhang Yanhong, Hu Jingqing, He Liyun, Zhou Xuezhong. Thinking and practice of accelerating transformation of traditional Chinese medicine from experience medicine to evidence-based medicine.Frontiers of Medicine.2011, 5(2): 163-170.
31. Zhou Xuezhong, Zhang Runshun, Shah Jatin,Raiqor Dimple,Wang Yinghui, Pietrobon Ricardo,Liu Baoyan, Chen Jie,Zhu Jiangui, Gao Ronglin.Patterns of Herbal Combination for the Treatment of Insomnia Commonly Employed by Highly Experienced Chinese Medicine Physicians. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine.2011,17(9):655-662.
32. Zhang Xiaoping, Zhou Xuezhong, Huang Houkuan, Feng Qi, Chen Shibo, Liu Baoyan. Topic Model for Chinese Medicine Diagnosis and Prescription Regularities Analysis: Case on Diabetes. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine.2011.17(4):307-313.
33. Liu Baoyan, Zhang Qiming .Symptoms regulatory issues need to be addressed in building TCM clinical research information integration platform.Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2011,52(20):1714-1716.
34. Liu Baoyan, Zhou Xuezhong, Zhang Runshun, Wang Yinghui, Xie Qi, Guo Yufeng, Zhang Xiaoping, Zhou Xiaji, He Liyun, Zhang Lei, Song Guanli, Zhang Yanghong, Zhang Hong, Li Baoshun, Zhao Shujun.Basic Requirements of TCM Electronic Medical Record System in Medical Treatment and Clinical Scientific Research Information Sharing System. China Digital Medicine.2012, 7(10):57-60.
35. Liu Baoyan, Yin Aining, Zhang Runshun, Xie Qi, Guo Yufeng, Zhou Xuezhong, Zhang Xiaoping Huang Xingyan, Zhao Shujun, Hu Yanjie, Zeng Haibo. The Study of Traditional Chinese Medicine Applying in the Structured Electronic Medical Records System. China Digital Medicine.2012,7(8):41-44.
36. Liu Baoyan, Zhou Xuezhong, Wang Yinhui, Hu Jingqing, He Liyun, Zhang Runshun, Chen Shibo, Guo Yufeng, Data processing and analysis in real-world traditional Chinese medicine clinical data: challenges and approaches. Statistics in medicine.2012,(30):653-660.
37. Yan Shiyan, Zhang Runshun, Zhou Xuezhong, Li Peng, He Liyun, Liu Baoyan. Exploring Effective Core Drug Patterns in Primary Insomnia Treatment with Chinese Herbal Medicine: Study Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial. Trials.2013,14(1):61.
38. Liu Zhishun, Xu Huanfang, Chen Yuelai, He Liyun, Liu Jia, Yan Shiyan, Du Ruosang, Wu Jiani, Liu Baoyan . 2013. The efficacy and safety study of electro-acupuncture for severe chronic functional constipation: study protocol for a multicenter, randomized, controlled trial. Trials.2013,14(1):176.
39. Liu Zhishun, Liu Jia, Zhao Ye, Cai Yuying, He Liyun, Xu Huanfang, Zhou Xiaohua, Yan Shiyan, Lao Lixing, Liu Baoyan.2013. The efficacy and safety study of electro-acupuncture for severe chronic functional constipation: study protocol for a multicenter, randomized, controlled trial. Trials.2013,14:315.
40. Jiang Lijie, Liu Baoyan, Xie Qi, Yang Shuhong, He Liyun, Zhang Runshun, Yan Shiyan, Zhou Xuezhong , Liu Jia.2013. Investigation into the Influence of Physician for Treatment Based on Syndrome Differentiation. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Volume 2013,:16.
41. Liu Baoyan. Real-world clinical TCM research paradigm. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2013,54(6):451-455.
42. Liu Baoyan, Liu Bo,He Liyun, Zhao Yufeng, Bai Wenjing ,Luo Wenshu.Study on method for formulating clinical practice guidelines of common Chinese patent medicines based on clinical practices. China Journal of Chinese Meteria Medica. 2013,38(9):1273-1276.